Tuesday, July 10, 2018

Farm Country underneath Storms & Night Skies

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tamron 24-70mm & 70-200mm f2.8 G2 lense, Vanguard Abeo Plus 363CT tripod, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

From clear to stormy clouds, so far this summer the sky has been filled with great opportunities to capture images and I’ve been taking advantage of them. Sometimes the moment will only be available for a couple minutes like the rainbow over Yale to capture the image.

The Nikon D750 was used either on my tripod or handheld to take these images and I shot in RAW. I shot in aperture priority mode and used the full range of apertures from f2.8 for the night images to f22 to capture the sunburst image. ISO ranged from low to high as well. Two panoramic images were shot handheld by panning my camera to capture multiple images that would be combined together in Lightroom.

I started out editing these images in Lightroom using my custom presets followed by fine tuning of the sliders under the basic editing tap.


In Photoshop, I first cloned out unwanted objects or blemishes in the image by using the healing brush or patch tool. Layer masks with adjustment layers like vibrance and levels were used to finalize the color of the images. I then straightened and cropped the image if necessary. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

#16.

#17.

No comments: