Thursday, January 1, 2009

Golden Greenheads

Once the mallards started feeding in the fields, I was scouting and finding the bee hives. This was the first hunt that I had cut holes in the lid of the Power Hunter blind to stick out the lense. It works great for keeping your camera hide from incoming waterfowl but yet allowing you the freedom to follow them coming into the decoys. I quickly learned that you don't want stubble around the hole in the lid of the P.H. or the stubble can get into your pictures causing them not to turn out so well.

#1.
#2.
#3.
Me and my dad taking a break amongest the duck action. Thanks Scotty for the picture.
This morning was for the record books with snow flurries and a stiff northwest wind. Between shooting my ducks, I got a few pictures of the tornado of ducks coming into our decoys. I sure wish the light would of been alot better to make these pictures clearer but you can't have great waterfowl hunting weather and great photo days at the same time, usually. I was also concerned about getting the camera too wet from the snow which is falling preety hard.

#1.
#2.
#3.
#4.
#5.

No comments: