Thursday, October 8, 2009

Harvest 2009

My favorite time of year is the fall which not only means the beginning of waterfowl season but also beginning of the harvest for the farmers throughout the state of Iowa. This afternoon found me shooting just outside of Yale taking photographs of the combine in this beanfield.

These shots were taken with the D90 with my new Sigma 50-150mm f2.8 lense to keep myself a safe distance from the combine. This also kept the dust away from my camera equipment.

#1.

#2.

#3.


#4.


#5.


#6.


#7. A shot from last fall that is one of my favorites. Taken with the D90 + 18-105mm lense.

These two photographs were taken about a week before the harvest started in central Iowa. I sure wish the combines would of been rolling through the fields because this sunset was truly beautiful and unique.

#4.

#5.

No comments: