Monday, April 26, 2010

High Dynamic Range photography

Recently I was able to pick up some HDR (High Dynamic Range) software that is allowing me to create HDR images out of my photographs. HDR is known for the ability to allow a photographer to create an image that has a wider dynamic range of colors by representing a wider range of intensity levels found in real scenes. Today's DSLR's are only able to capture a certain amount of colors in a image at once, however, by capturing multiply images at different exposure levels, a photographer can combine these images into one by using HDR software.

Not all images can be used to create a great looking HDR image and as I go forth, I'll learn what exposure values in an image create the best looking HDR. So far, I've did a few photographs of the golf course and sunsets. These combined nine different exposed photographs ranging from -2.0 to +2.0. By using the software I acquired, these images offer a wider range of color and depth that I couldn't get with just processing one image.

#1.
#2.
#3.
#4.
#5.
#6.
#7.

No comments: