Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Super Moon

During the third week of March, the moon was going to orbit closer to Earth then it had for 20 years. This was deemed to be a Super Moon and I was hoping to capture images of the moon since I hadn’t done any moon shots yet. On the Saturday night that the moon was supposed to be the brightest, cloud cover kept me from getting any shots at all. Luckily, on that Monday when going to the snow goose spread, the sky was clear and I had 10 minutes to get the images I wanted.

The 70-300mm was quickly put on the Nikon D90 and I zoomed out to 300mm. I used my Jeep or the Ranger to steady my camera to help with getting a sharp image. Having only 300mm, I had to crop these images in ViewNX but after processing them, I am quite pleased with the results.

#1.

#2.
#3.

No comments: