Sunday, June 24, 2012

Lake Panorama National GC - Dusk Patrol

Over the past few months, I have been able to capture images of Lake Panorama National Golf Course underneath the glowing sun as it sets over Lake Panorama. I was able to get these images by either looking out the pro shop window or while out golfing and having my camera close by when the conditions were right for great sunlight.

The D90 was fitted with the 18-105mm lense for all these images and all were shot in aperture priority mode. I ranged the aperture from f7.1 to f13 depending on the type of depth of field I wanted for the particular shot. ISO was set at 400 and I adjusted the exposure compensation as well as using the exposure bracketing feature on the camera. This allowed me to have a wide range of different exposures to capture the scene on the golf course. The SB-700 was also used to put extra light on the flag when I was on hole #12.
In ViewNX I adjusted the RAW files by changing the key settings such as white balance and picture control. Underneath the white balance, I used the direct sunlight, shade or high color rendering fluorescent setting which changed the main color of the image. For picture control settings, I used the different custom controls that I have created in ViewNX: nature landscape, golf course and custom sunrise gc. These picture control’s have different tonal curves that adjust the image a particular way. Because I wanted to do some HDR images as well, I would adjust the exposure compensation on certain images and then make multiply copies of the image at different EC’s to input later into a HDR program.
I transferred the files into PSE8 were I used the clone and healing brush tools to get rid of unwanted objects in the images. Bunker rakes, cart signs and other objects were taken care of using those tools. I also straightened a few of the images to make sure the flag stick was perfectly straight. EasyHDR was called upon to create the HDR images which allowed me to combine three to five different exposed images into one. This created a different look to some of the images that had a lot of dynamic range allowing the highlights and shadows to be saved.
With the golfing season only about half over, I hope there is still plenty of time to capture more images of Lake Panorama National Golf Course.
#1.


#2.


#3.


#4.


#5.


#6.


#7.


#8.


#9.


#10.


#11.


#12.


#13.


#14,


#15.


#16.


#17.


#18.


#19.


#20.


#21.


#22.


#23.


#24.


#25.


#26.


#27.


#28.


#29.


#30.

No comments: