Sunday, May 1, 2016

2015 Waterfowl Season - A New Beginning


Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Nikon D90, 24-120mm f4 lense, SB-700 Speedlight & Slik Pro 500DX Tripod.

The waterfowl season of the fall of 2015 was another solid one for capturing great images of the hunts as half way thru the season, I added another body to my camera bag. The Nikon D750 was a big upgrade for me and during the season, the learning process kept improving. With a different viewing perspective and more controls, I experimented with many things. Hope you enjoy a look into my season behind the camera lense.

The above equipment was used the majority of the time in aperture mode and manual mode. Adjustments to the exposure compensation were made as well. For the nightscape images at the boat ramp, I used the SB-700 Speedlight triggered by the camera to help light me putting decoys in the boat.

Capture NX-D was used to adjust the images once on the computer and I made adjustments to the usual sliders such as white balance, picture control, saturation, etc.  To finalize the images, Elements 11 was used to clone out unwanted objects in the image. Next I straightened and cropped if needed. Curves and layer masks were used if needed followed by the unsharp layer mask to sharpen the image.

The new camera body was exciting to use and the best part of the season was I didn’t drop it in the water.  I look forward to the spring snow goose season and the summer months to capture more scenes with the D750.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

#16.

#17.

#18.

#19.

#20.

#21.

#22.

#23.

#24.

#25.

#26.

#27.

#28.

#29.

#30.

#31.

#32.

No comments: