Wednesday, November 2, 2016

Summertime Hay Bales

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, 24-120mm f4 lense & 70-300mm lense

Farmers of rural Guthrie County were busy baling hay this summer and I happened to drive by when one farmer was about finished. The next day, nice clouds dotted the bright blue sky so I drove back to the location and got out my camera.

On the D750, I used both the above lenses to get different scenes of the rolling hillside that was dotted with hay bales. I shot in aperture priority mode at f9 or f11 with ISO at 400 or 800. The format was RAW and I dialed in -.3 EV.

In Capture NX-D, I adjusted the white balance to direct sunlight and changed the picture control to landscape or my custom nature/landscape setting. Slide increases to saturation, contrast and shadow sliders were also made.

The images were finalized in PSE 11 by first cloning out unwanted objects such as tops of trees that were on the top ridge of the hill that could barely be seen. I liked the cleaner look of nothing on the ridge so got rid of them in most of the images. Level layer adjustments were used to fine tune the color of the image. Lastly, the high pass sharpening was completed to end the post processing on this series of images. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

No comments: