Saturday, May 1, 2010

Spring Tulip Time

With the sun shining this spring, the tulips right by my garage were in full bloom. One particular morning, I set up the tripod with the camera and a couple different lenses and took some photographs of the tulips. Because these tulips are right by the garage, the angle to take them is limited but I tried my best to keep nothing but the blue sky behind them.

After taking some shots with the tripod with the Sigma 50-150mm on the D90, I switched that lense out for the 18-105mm. This lense got me off the tripod and right on top of the ground looking up at the tulips. This was alittle harder as I couldn't see through the viewfinder when I was adjusting the settings.

I changed the exposure level on these photographs ranging them from -2.0 to +2.0 and then processed them in ViewNX since they were Raw files. I finished them out in PSE8 with alittle tweaking of colors and other techniques I'm learning.


#1.



#2. Using PSE8, I put a b/w background behind the tulips in this photograph.



#3. Alittle surreal image here, using PSE8 I used a Neon Glow filter and then using a clipping mask layer and brush tool, brushed out the filter from the tulips themselves. This really sticks out on a black background in my mind.



#4.



#5.



#6. Tweaked the background to alittle brighter and bluer in this photograph.



#7.



#8.



#9. Using PSE8, I put a b/w background behind the tulips in this image.

No comments: