Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Autumn's Color at Lake Panorama National G.C.

With the leaves turning to their bright fall colors on the majority of the trees at Lake Panorama National Golf Course, I took a few mornings and nights to get my camera and tripod and traveled around to capture the unique scene of bright yellows and oranges against nothing but green grass.

The 18-105mm and 12-24mm lense were used to take these images with or without the help of my tripod depending on how bright the conditions were that day. If I had the camera on the tripod, I had VR off.  Format was RAW, with ISO from 200-400 and aperture from f9-13 shooting in either aperture priority or manual mode. I used the bracketing feature on the camera to get a wide range of exposures as well. The SB-700 was also called upon to light up a flag on the 18th green when it was getting dark.

Using ViewNX, I made adjustments to exposure compensation, white balance, picture control and highlight/shadow sliders. The use of RAW allows me to tweak the images into something even better then what the camera originally captures. The white balance was set to either direct sunlight, cloudy or shade depending on what type of color I wanted to give the image. The picture control was set to custom curves of nature landscape, golf course or custom sunrise gc.

Scenes that offered a wide range of tones were produced using ViewNX and EasyHDR. I adjusted the exposure compensation on multiple images and then combined them using EasyHDR to create a high dynamic range photograph.

The images were completed in PSE8 by the following tools: clone brush, high pass filter and hue/saturation adjustment by using a combination of layers and masks. The clone brush helped me get rid of hazard stakes and divots that weren’t to my liking. Because I had both bright yellow and orange colors mixed with green colors, I did a wide range of hue/saturation layers to be able to adjust each color independently. The high pass filter was used to sharpen certain parts of the image.

Until this winter or spring, these scenes will be the last ones I capture on camera of a record setting year at Lake Panorama National GC.  
 
#1.
 
#2.
 
#3.
 
#4.
 
#5.
 
#6.
 
#7.
 
#8.
 
#9.
 
#10.
 
#11.
 
#12.
 
#13.
 
#14.
 
#15.
 
#16.
 
#17.
 
#18.
 
#19.
 
#20.
 
#21.
 
#22.
 
#23.
 
#24.
 
#25.
 
#26.
 
 
 

No comments: