Monday, July 6, 2015

Summer Scene on Lake Panorama's Main Basin


Equipment Used: Nikon D90 with 24-120 f4 and 70-300 f4.5-5.6 lense.

After getting off work on a Sunday afternoon, the main basin of Lake Panorama was busy with boaters enjoying the summer sun so I stopped and got out my camera to capture the scene.

I started off using the longer lense from the above equipment list on my camera and had the following settings on the camera: RAW, aperture mode, f10 and ISO 200. I walked around the hill side of the marina and then walked down to the docks were I switched to the 24-120mm lense. The same settings were used for this lense as well. I was shooting in the afternoon towards the sun so the conditions weren’t 100% perfect.

In View NX, I changed the white balance to direct sunlight and picture control to golf course (custom curve created using Nikon’s picture control utility). The highlight/shadow slider was also adjusted if needed. I wanted to create HDR images with these, so I copied the files and adjusted the exposure compensation to -1, 0 and +1. Those files were outputted as 16 bit Tiff’s into Easy HDR were I merged them together using that software.

The HDR outputted images were then finalized in PSE 11. I cloned out unwanted objects in the images along with using a curves layer to increase the sky contrast if needed. The final steps included straightening the image, cropping and sharpening the images.
 
 #1.
 
#2.
 
#3.
 
#4.
 
#5.
 
#6.
 
#7.

No comments: