Sunday, July 16, 2017

Templeton Country Crib & Barn under Cumulus Clouds

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tokina 24-70mm f2.8 AT-X Lense, Pro Optic Polarizer Filter, Capture NX-D, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

Beautiful cumulus clouds floated through the sky on two afternoons during June that I was able to get out and capture the Templeton corn crib and barn at a nearby corn field. With bright white clouds in the blue sky and the red buildings plus the green corn, I had a scene that had plenty of color.

I put the Tokina 24-70mm lense on my D750 and shot hand held while walking around the corn field to get different angles of the scene. The second afternoon I shot I put a polarizing filter on the lense that improved the contrast of the clouds and sky. Shooting at ISO 100 – 320, my aperture was f7.1 and because I was in aperture priority mode, the camera did the adjusting of the shutter speed.

I used Capture NX-D and Lightroom CC to process the RAW files on my computer. Using NX-D, I changed the white balance to sunlight and picture control to my custom Nature Landscape setting. If needed, the highlight and shadow slider were also adjusted. In Lightroom, I used the contrast, highlights, shadows, whites, blacks, clarity and vibrance slider to fine tune the color of the corn crib and barn. Because of the shadows on the barn, I did create another image file to further reduce the darkness of the barn.

Using Photoshop CC I used the clone and patch tool to get rid of unwanted objects which in this scene was a wire running between the two buildings. I used layer masks and the brush tool to combine the two differently exposed barns into one. Once again, I used the windmill head brush that I made to put a top to the windmill since it doesn’t have one to complete the look.


With the corn growing fast, my window of capturing this farm scene is probably coming to an end. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

#16.

#17.

No comments: