Thursday, July 27, 2017

Yale's 4th of July Fireworks - 17 Edition

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tokina 28-70mm f2.8 AT-X Lense, VanGuard Abel Plus 363CT Tripod,  Viltrox Remote Control, Capture NX-D, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

To conclude the 4th of July celebration that Yale puts on every year, fireworks are shot off at the local baseball field. Cars and trucks from the surrounding towns and counties come to watch the fireworks and line the streets, highways and country roads. I traveled to Highway 4 and parked along the side and took pictures from my truck bed.

After getting nice results from the Tokina lense at Lake Panorama fireworks, I used it again for these fireworks on my D750. The rig was mounted on the VanGuard tripod and I used the Viltrox remote to trigger the camera. In manual settings, the aperture was f9 and I ranged the shutter speed between 3 and 18 seconds using the remote. I shot in RAW as I always do and the lense was zoomed to 52 or 70mm to capture these firework bursts.

To process the images, the majority of the time I used Lightroom and adjusted the white balance to daylight as my first step. Next came adjustments to clarity, vibrance, saturation, noise reduction and dehaze sliders. In the HSL tab, I used the color specific saturation sliders to bump up the saturation of the certain colors of the firework bursts.

The last part of processing used Photoshop with the patch and clone tools to get rid of unwanted objects on these images. The last step was to rotate the image since the coop was slightly tilted and crop the image after that.

Panorama Days will be the next opportunity to capture fireworks for my camera so hoping that the weather and work schedule cooperates to be able to get out capturing them.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

No comments: