Sunday, February 11, 2018

Lake Panorama National G.C. - Summer/Fall 2017

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 lense, Vanguard Abeo Plus 363CT tripod, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

Once again, Lake Panorama National Golf Course was in great condition during the golf season last year and I was able to get out to capture the beauty of it. Late August and the middle of October was when I was able to get out with the Nikon.

The D750 was used to capture the LPN and I had the Tamron 24-70mm on it. Shooting in RAW, ISO was 200 or 400. I shot handheld or put my camera on the Vanguard tripod. My aperture was f9 or f11.

Using Lightroom Classic, I started making adjustments to the basic sliders in hopes of creating a preset that I could use for all my golf course images. Some of the adjustments that I kept included reducing highlights and blacks while increasing shadows and whites. Clarity and vibrance was bumped up to +15 and +10. Under saturation, yellow were decreased while green and blue were increased. Under luminance, green and blue colors were decreased as well. I saved the preset and used it on all of these images.

In Photoshop CC, unwanted objects were first cloned out using the clone tool or content aware fill tool. These objects included dust spots in the sky, geese in the fairway and yardage/water stakes. I rotated and cropped the image to help get the flag stick on the green has straight has possible. A new step that I implemented on these images was using a color lookup layer mask and using the tension green color under the 3DLUT File. I reduced the opacity on this layer til I liked the look of the green for the putting surface. I then used the brush tool to mask out the color for the fairway and sky area of these images.

With snow currently covering the golf course, I’m looking forward to the spring, the Masters and the golf season to capture the golf course once again.

My favorite from this collection is #24 of Hole #5. The sunrise provided a color filled sky while the dew on the green added another element to the image. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

#16.

#17.

#18.

#19.

#20.

#21.

#22.

#23.

#24.

#25.

No comments: