Monday, April 30, 2018

Winter Farm Landscapes in February

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tamron 24-70mm f2.8 G2 lense, Vanguard Abeo Plus 363CT tripod, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

With a blanket of snow back in February covering the ground, I ventured out to a few of my favorite scenes to photograph while the sun was setting.

The D750 and the Tamron 24-70mm was used to capture the scene that was shot in RAW. ISO was 100 and I had the aperture set at f7.1 and f16. I used f16 to get the sun rays on the last two images while shooting from the VanGuard tripod because the shutter speed was slow at that aperture.

Using Lightroom Classic, I first changed the white balance to shade and then started making adjustments to the basic sliders to boost the colors of the sky. I then used the graduated filter tool to improve the color of the snow has I wanted to keep it a bright white. Clarity, sharpness, saturation, and lens correction tools were also used in LR.
                                                                                                                    
In Photoshop CC, unwanted objects were first cloned out using the clone tool or content aware fill tool. These objects included dust spots in the sky from my dirty sensor along with power lines between the barn and corn crib. I straightened the image and cropped if needed in PS.


The snow didn’t last long once the warm up occurred but I was pleased with what I was able to capture on my two trips out into the cold and snow.

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

No comments: