Friday, July 27, 2018

Lake Panorama 4th of July - 18 Edition D750

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tamron 70-200mm f2.8 G2 lense, Viltrox Wireless Remote Control, Vanguard Abeo Plus 363CT tripod, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

Lake Panorama held its fireworks show on the closest Saturday to the 4th of July this summer and I headed to my usual location to capture the boats on the water and fireworks above them.

I set up both of my cameras and in this collection, the D750 was used with the 70-200mm lense to capture these images. Settings on the camera included an ISO of 200-320, f7.1 aperture and 70mm on the lense. The Viltrox remote was used to trigger the camera when I saw the fireworks get lit and I held the shutter open for anywhere between 7 to 12 seconds.

I did make a mistake on these images when it came to the focusing of the lense. When I first arrived at location, I focused in and checked my focus on the lcd screen on the camera. I had it dialed in and then the fireworks started to go off and I had to switch the orientation of the camera which must of resulted in a small movement of the lense. This movement created these images to not be as sharp has those that came out of the D90.

Using Lightroom, I used user presets that I’ve developed last year for fireworks in the same scene situation and then further tweaked the basic tab sliders. Graduated filter and a mask was used to fine tune the exposure of the boats on the water and the reflection in the water. I created one panoramic of the scene and then merged together that panoramic with an image of fireworks using Photoshop. Two different firework images were also combined into one image.

In Photoshop, I cloned out unwanted objects like a cell phone tower and a buoy that was in the water. I used a vibrance adjustment layer to increase the color of the fireworks as well.

In the end, the images turned out good as far as the exposure and color are concerned but they aren’t has sharp as I would like unfortunately. In the future, I’ll make sure an adjustment to the lense can’t happen again. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

#7.

#8.

#9.

#10.

#11.

#12.

#13.

#14.

#15.

No comments: