Sunday, July 15, 2018

Panoramic Views of Lake Panorama National G.C.

Equipment Used: Nikon D750, Tamron 24-70mm & 70-200mm f2.8 G2 lense, Vanguard Abeo Plus 363CT tripod, Lightroom & Photoshop CC

After getting beautiful images on my previous posts shooting panoramic images, I knew I had to get to Lake Panorama National Golf Course and set up my tripod and shoot some panoramics. I captured these on two different evenings with different cloud conditions.

I used the two Tamron G2 lenses on the D750 and had VR and AF off on them while they sat on my tripod. I shot some of these panoramic in a portrait orientation as well. Settings on the camera included aperture of f7.1 or f9 and an ISO below 200. The self timer was also used. I panned the camera on the tripod and took multiple angles of the scene.

Using Lightroom, I would select the different angles of the images for each hole and then allow LR to combine them into a panoramic. Some of these are 5 images stitched together while others are as much as 11 images. After the panoramic was created, I used my custom presets to process the look of the image and adjusted basic sliders as well to fine tune those presets.

In Photoshop, I cloned out unwanted objects and blemishes in the image by using the healing brush and patch tool. These included water hazard stakes, cart signs, small birds and even divots. Some of these images had shaded areas in them; I used an exposure adjustment and layer mask to lighten up those areas. A photo filter was then used to fine tune the color of the grass. The last step was to crop these images and then if necessary, use the patch tool to fill in areas that were white after the crop. These white areas were on either the top or bottom of the image so the patch tool did a great job filling those in with a realistic looking image.


I’m enjoying shooting these panoramics and editing the large files that have a ton of detail and sharpness with how wide the image is after stitching multiple images together. With metal print sizes like 14” x 40” and 20” x 50” that would match up well to these panoramic images of LPN GC, I’m excited to continue to experiment and shoot panoramic images. 

#1.

#2.

#3.

#4.

#5.

#6.

No comments: